From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Kalpasutras)
By Swami Harshananda
Kalpasutra literally means ‘treatises dealing with practical aspects’.
The Kalpasutra belong to a period later to the Upaniṣads. The work has four sub-branches which are:
- Śrautasutra - Vedic sacrifices.
- Gṛhvasutra - domestic rites and rituals.
- Dharmasutra - Varṇāśrama dharmas.
- Sulbasutra - Construction of the altars for Vedic sacrifices.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore