From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
Revision as of 21:19, 15 December 2016 by 127.0.0.1 (Links to existing pages added by LinkTitles bot.)
By Jit Majumdar
- one who knows the truth/ essence of the Bindu
- one who possesses pearl(s); one who has (knowledge of) the alphabet; one who has realized the state of Bindu, i.e. the primordial non-differentiated and unified state of Śiva and Śakti; enlightened
- a son of the divine sage Marīci (Bhāg. Purāņa); (fem: bindumatī)
- the essence or form of the Bindu, i.e. the Supreme Śakti
- the wife of king Māndhātŗ (Hari. Purāņa); the wife of King Māndhātā and the mother of Pūrukutşa and Mucukunda (Bhāg. Purāņa).