Ganganath Jha Kendriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha (Allahabad)

From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
Revision as of 01:19, 20 January 2021 by Himanshu Bhatt (Talk | contribs) (References)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

By Swami Harshananda

Established in A. D. 1934, it was formerly known as G. N. Jhā Research Institute. It was started to perpetuate the memory of Gaṅgānāth Jhā (A. D. 1872- 1941) who was an Indologist, a Sanskrit scholar and a Vice-chancellor of the Allahabad University for nine years.

The Institute was taken over by the Government of India in A. D. 1945 and placed under the Rāṣṭrīya Sanskrit Sansthāna of Delhi and renamed it as ‘Ganganath Jha Kendriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha’. It is mainly a research institute admitting students only for Ph.D. and D.Litt. degrees of the Sansthāna.


See also

References

  • The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore